Template — Issue/feedback request
Intro to issue/feedback request
This is a template to ask for feedback on a specific topic so that relevant parties can understand the issue deeply and transparently, and gather the data to collaboratively contribute and make an informed decision.
You can share the issue/feedback request on your team messaging channel (e.g. Slack, MS Teams, or Qatalog Updates), @tagging only relevant parties (@here to increase visibility if needed).
This template is for anyone in the organization that wants to highlight an issue and get feedback collaboratively.
Get started by copy pasting ‘Template’ section, and by filling in the blanks or reframing the bullet points based on your use case.
Hi @channel, the [team name] team needs your input
- In order to do [insert goal], we need to [insert activity/task]
- Be concise and concrete, keep it on one line
- To be filled in when the issue is closed
- Displayed at the top so the wider team gets up to date with the latest course of action
- Explain required information
- Link to related, relevant documents
- When asking for feedback, be clear on what you need and by when
- Keep a bullet list to make it digestible
- Describe up to top three possible courses of actions
- Link to related, relevant documents if needed
- Keep a numerical order so it's easy to choose/reference a preferred option
Preferred course of action
- I would choose [option] because [reason why]
- I’d need feedback on [topic] by [due date]
- Especially feedback needed from: @somebody
This template was inspired by the Alan Team.
If you want more templates to share and track your work, request early access to Qatalog here.
At Qatalog, Matteo looks after Growth Ops and Product Marketing. No day is the same for Matteo — you can find him interviewing customers, writing down product messaging, or setting up various customer acquisition and lifecycle channels. When not at work, Matteo enjoys reading psychology books, practicing meditation, or planning his next year-long trip to Asia.